TWAS-CSIR Fully Funded Postdoctoral Fellowship
For young scientists from developing countries (other than India) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in emerging areas in science and technology for which facilities are available in laboratories and institutes of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India.
Key Facts of TWAS-CSIR Fully Funded Postdoctoral Fellowship
Deadline: 15 September 2023
Partner Organizations: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India
Eligible nationalities: Developing countries in the South
Host countries: India
Minimum degree held: PhD
Duration: Up to 12 months
Field of study
- 01-Agricultural Sciences
- 02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- 03-Biological Systems and Organisms
- 04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- 05-Chemical Sciences
- 06-Engineering Sciences
- 07-Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- 08-Mathematical Sciences
Age limit: 45
Applications can only be submitted via online portal once the call is open.
Please use the “apply now” button at the bottom of this page to start your application once the call is open.
Opening date of this fellowship: 15 April 2023
Closing date of this fellowship: 15 September 2023
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the preliminary acceptance letter as early as possible, even before the opening date of the call. Keeping in mind that only Acceptance letters dated the same year as the year of application are eligible.
If you are a master degree holder then apply for the TWAS-CSIR Fully Funded PhD Opportunities
OVERVIEW OF TWAS-CSIR Fully Funded Postdoctoral Programme
TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in CSIR research laboratories and institutes in India for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months.
Eligible CSIR institutions: Information on CSIR laboratories and institutes can be obtained by following the links from the CSIR homepage. Alternatively, a list of eligible institutes is available here.
CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, Fellowship awardees are entitled to subsidized accommodation.
The language of instruction for foreign scholars in CSIR laboratories/institutes is English.
Also learn How to Write Cold Emails To Professors For PhD Scholarships
Eligibility TWAS-CSIR Fully Funded Postdoctoral Programme
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the application year.
- be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- hold a PhD degree in a field of science or technology.
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment.
- be accepted at a CSIR laboratory/institution and provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution (see sample Acceptance Letter that can be downloaded below or included in the application form). N.B. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen CSIR host institution(s), with copy to the CSIR contact person. This will allow CSIR to monitor requests and offer support or assistance in finding suitable host institution(s), if necessary;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
PhD Studentship Positions At Imperial College, London
HOW TO SUBMIT APPLICATION FOR TWAS-CSIR Fully Funded Postdoctoral
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from a CSIR institution to CSIR and TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Applications for the TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme can ONLY be submitted to TWAS via the online portal and copy of the submitted application must be sent to CSIR by email. A tutorial on how to use the online application form is available below for download.
- Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.
Results of the fellowship selection should be available in early 2024, and selected candidates will be able to start their fellowship NO earlier than mid 2024.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
• Dr (Mrs) ANURADHA MADHUKAR
Sr. Principal Scientist
International S&T Affairs Directorate (ISTAD)
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Anusandhan Bhavan, 2, Rafi Marg, New Delhi 110 001
Tel: +91-11-23316751; Fax: +91-11-23739041
Contact email: email@example.com